In 1915, Hercules Engine Company was founded to fill the need for industrial engines required for the rapidly expanding trucking industry. It supplied almost one million engines to the US military and allied forces, and also branched into the commercial space before ceasing operations in 1999.
In 1999, Hercules Engine Components was established and its mission was to support the Hercules Engine customer base with genuine Hercules Engine replacement parts and services.
In 2003, Hercules expanded its Massillon, Ohio operations and created an Engine Re-manufacturing Center, with state of the art engine cleaning, machining, assembly and testing. Its re-manufacturing operation services just about all engines, from the one cylinder Briggs and Stratton to the large Detroit Diesel or Waukesha engines.
In 2005 Hercules became the Master Service Dealer for Perkins Engines in the state of Ohio, and an Authorized Perkins Re-manufacturing Center. In this capacity, Hercules provides certified Perkins parts and performs warranty work for the entire state of Ohio, utilizing Ohio Perkins Dealers.
In 2006, Hercules again broadened its operations with the creation of the Airline Ground Support Equipment (GSE) division. Operating out of a second, 20,000 square foot facility, the GSE division performs “zero-time” refurbishment of bag tow tractors and belt loaders, including engine upgrades and conversion from diesel to electric.
In 2015, Hercules Manufacturing completed a successful ownership transfer, with Douglas Brinkley acquiring the company. The company will focus investments in strengthening its robust distribution business as well as expanding its manufacturing, reset, refurbishment and assembly business. Under its leadership, the company is continuing to expand into other markets, including Government and Military.